— Originally posted on Yelp on 5/1/10 —
OK, I’m jumping on the bandwagon (or slider truck in this case) and giving them 5 stars. I finally had the chance to check them out the other night. I arrived a little early to beat the crowd and I wasn’t the only one with that idea. It was funny to see several people waiting in their cars. Who would ever think that a slider truck would cause so many people to wait in an empty lot for its arrival. I wasn’t sure what to get so I ended up getting 5 different sliders and an order of sweet potato fries. Here’s how I would rank them from best to pretty good:
1. Pep Pep — I love the sauce. It was like a Thousand Island type of sauce. It added so much depth to the beef, onion and bacon.
2. Kalbi — It had a wonderfully sweet taste to it, but the meat could have been a bit more tender.
3. Barbie — Love the bbq sauce!
4. Yaya — The feta and tzatziki sauce with the patty was a good combo, kinda like a gyro.
5. Captain’s Order — A little overcooked. Compared to the other sliders this one just didn’t have the same wow factor, but still a solid burger.
The sliders were bigger than I thought they would be. The patties are thick and 2 or 3 are probably enough to fill up most people. Luckily I had my wife and kid to help me finish all five. Then of course we also had the sugar coated sweet potato fries which were delicious. All of that only cost $15. That’s one of the best bargains you’ll find anywhere in the city. Where else can two adults eat a satisfying meal for $15? And I’m not counting fast food chains because this food is far superior.
I didn’t have the chance to try the pulled porkie (they were all out) but I’ll definitely track them down again for another round. They not only have the best sliders in town, but burgers that are just as good, if not better than, many of the upscale burger joints around.
Las Vegas, NV 89109