The first time I went to Mesa Grill (about three years ago) I ordered a steak that was so over-seasoned, over-cooked, and just plain awful that I vowed to never eat there again. Well, some vows are made to be broken.
Everything we ordered this time around was mighty tasty.
- The blue corn muffins were the stars of the bread basket, although they were a little crumbly.
- The goat cheese queso fundido had a subtle tartness that went well with the green and red peppers of the dish.
- Cheese quesadilla. It was just a quesadilla, but it was one of the best I’ve had.
- Rough cut tuna nachos. Fresh, delicious, and a touch of spiciness.
- Crispy squash blossoms. Deep fried (think tempura) with a tangy, yummy sauce. Loved it.
- New Mexican spice rubbed pork tenderloin. It was indeed tender. And hot. I just wished it had more of that bourbon ancho chile sauce. But it was so delicious that it just re-affirmed my love for all-things-pig related (maybe I need to get a tattoo of a pig like that one Top Chef contestant).
The atmosphere of the place is casual. No need to dress up for this place. It can get loud in there so I wouldn’t recommend Mesa Grill for an intimate/romantic night out.
3570 Las Vegas Blvd S
Las Vegas, NV 89136