— Originally posted on Yelp on 12/3/09 —
We were in LA for a few days, just finished shopping at The Grove, and were looking for a place to eat. Found this place on Yelp and it was only a couple blocks away. It was early on a Saturday night but the place was already busy, we didn’t have reservations and we had our 2-year old with us. That combination doesn’t usually make for a good dining experience. So we asked the hostess if we could do some take-out and they were happy to oblige.
Here’s what we got:
– Skirt Steak – ordered it med. rare but it looked like it was well done. Still tasted good. Loved the corn.
– Socca cakes w/ goat cheese – absolutely loved these things. My favorite dish of the night. Soft and flavorful. The goat cheese was great with it.
– Mussels – plenty of them for a tapas dish. Good flavor.
– Shrimp – loved all the spices, cooked perfectly
– Risotto – good consistency and flavor, not too thick or watery
– Churros – these were some short, fat churros. Very soft and pillowy. Great w/ the chocolate sauce.
Everything was great for the most part. I’m sure it would have tasted even better if we ate there. Definitely not a kid-friendly place but I’m glad we could get food to go.
7615 Beverly Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90036