— Originally posted on Yelp on 5/20/10 —
We stopped by the Circus Circus buffet for lunch after taking a break from Adventuredome and I have to say that this might be the worst buffet I’ve been to. It’s a toss up between here and the buffet at South Point. Circus Circus might win out for the worst buffet because their employees weren’t very friendly and did a terrible job of cleaning plates off tables.
First of all, let me address the food. I’ve been spoiled by going to the buffets at Bellagio, Wynn, and M Resort where the selections are endless and quality is top notch. But, here… dios mio… it’s abysmal. They have four different stations: breakfast, lunch, salad, dessert.
– waffles: soggy
– pancakes: dry and hard
– bacon: burnt
– cheese blintzes: ok
– sausage: you can get better quality in the frozen food section of any grocery store
– mashed potatoes: good
– taquitos: dry, hard to swallow
– fried shrimp: decent
– pizza: reminded me of cafeteria food at my high school
– chicken fingers: limp, the breading was a little soggy
– penne pasta: average
– green beans and mixed veggies: average
– They also had burgers and fried chicken which i didn’t try
– pasta salad: decent
– cookies: the best this buffet has to offer.
– brownie: dry and crumbly.
– carrot cake: dry and crumbly.
– raspberry cheesecake: mushy but decent
There just wasn’t much to choose from in this buffet and the stuff they did have was poor quality. We tried most of what they had, but nothing was above average. When your best items are mashed potatoes and cookies you know you’re in trouble. The service was just plain bad. We had a pile of dishes sitting on the edge of our table that wasn’t picked up until we were ready to leave. Thank god we got free passes to this place because I would be pissed if I actually had to spend money to eat here.
2880 Las Vegas Blvd S
Las Vegas, NV 89109